Oral Cancer Screening Mountain View
Of all major forms of cancer, oral cancer continues to be the most under-diagnosed in the United States. Mountain View dentists Dr. Bill Hall, Dr. Tiffany Chan, and Dr. J. Janice Chou are striving hard to prevent this sorry state of affairs by thoroughly screening dental patients for oral cancer. Smiles Dental Care is committed to detecting oral cancer in the initial stages. We use state-of-the-art technologies to help us achieve the same.
One of the reasons that oral cancer goes undetected is that early-stage cancer manifests without much discoloration. For this reason, Mountain View dentists Dr. Bill Hall, Dr. Tiffany Chan, and Dr. J. Janice Chou have invested in a special light which makes detecting oral cancer in its initial stages easier.
Stages of oral cancer:
In this stage, the cancer is about one inch in size and has not spread to lymph nodes in the area.
This stage has the cancer being more than 2 centimetres in size, but less than 4 centimetres.
In this stage, many symptoms are visible such as either one or all the following:
- The cancer is more than 4 centimetres in size
- The cancer maybe in any size but has spread to only one lymph node on the same side of the neck as the cancer.
- The lymph node that contains cancer measures no more than over one inch.
The following are the commonly reported symptoms of this stage
- The cancer has spread to tissues around the lip and oral cavity.
- The cancer is any size and has spread to more than one lymph node on the same side of the neck as the cancer, to lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck, or to any lymph node that measures more than two inches.
- The cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
At Mountain View a non-invasive light named VEL scope is used to help in the early detection of oral cancer. It works by illuminating oral cancer affected areas. We are focussed at finding out abnormal lesions long before they develop to later stage oral cancer.
Call Mountain View dentists Dr. Bill Hall, Dr. Tiffany Chan, and Dr. J. Janice Chou at (650) 964-2626 to schedule a consultation today!