Dental Crowns Mountain View
Dental Crowns Mountain View Dental crowns are the easiest solution for teeth that are uneven, and cracked. Dental crowns encase the portion of the teeth near the gums so that your teeth appear more natural and uniform. These prosthetic devices are permanent and can only be removed by a dentist. The Dental crown is not only used to improve damaged teeth; it is also used as a cosmetic procedure. There are many different materials that Dental crowns are made from, such as porcelain, ceramic, gold or even metal alloys.
Do you need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are useful in situations where:
- There is not enough tooth structure remaining to replace a filling.
- There are cracks in the teeth or fractures that need to be repaired.
- Teeth are weak, worn-out, or damaged due to bacteria.
- A person wishes to perform a cosmetic procedure and improve his oral health.
What is the procedure for a Dental crown?
Before putting in a Dental crown, the dentist takes an x-ray of the teeth. The x-ray helps to detect whether there is any problem with the tooth structure or any decay. Decay may affect the procedure and may cause injury; therefore, the x-ray helps solve this problem. After this, the dentist numbs the area around the tooth with anaesthesia. The tooth upon which the crown is to be placed is shaped so that a crown can be easily constructed upon it. The dental crown is shaped per the person's requirements; it is given a shade that closely resembles the natural teeth. With proper care and treatment, a suitable dental crown will be permanently affixed in one's mouth, giving it a better and more uniform overall appearance.
What are the benefits of a Dental crown?
- Dental crowns are effective in protecting weak and decayed teeth.
- They enhance the appearance of the teeth and help to give misshapen teeth a more consistent look.
- They provide support to fillings when there isn't much tooth structure to hold them.
- They are extremely durable and do not require many touch ups.
- They are an affordable cosmetic procedure as well, for those who wish to have better oral health.
Call Mountain View dentists Dr. Bill Hall, Dr. Tiffany Chan, and Dr. J. Janice Chou at (650) 964-2626 to schedule a consultation today!